Color Printing Test #1
Below is a color chart showing varying shades of the 216 "safe" colors. Use this to test your printer's settings, ink supply, and/or faulty ink cartridges. I use this on a weekly basis to test my HP Deskjet 640C. To test black color values, Go to Color Test #2
If the colors show up as they do here, then do nothing. Your printer and cartridges are fine. If not, you may want to replace your cartridges. HP ink cartridges are dated and will expire if not used on a regular basis. Also, you may need to clean your inkjet cartridges. I do this on a bi-monthly basis.
- Bring up your print pop-up (CMD+P)
- Click "Printing Options". This will bring up the options page.
- Uncheck "print in black and white".
- Uncheck "print background images". For this test you will not need it.
- Click "Done".
- Come back to this page, bring up your print pop-up. Then print.
Fit 2 Print